Leading the Way for Building Safety
Engineers are the invisible force driving innovation and solutions for the challenges we face in the state of Florida every day. They are planners, designers and problem solvers whose expertise improves the quality of life for us all. From the homes we live, to the buildings we work, and the stores we shop – engineers are behind the everyday and the extraordinary.
ACEC Florida brings together a diverse group of engineering leaders who represent, promote and advocate for vertical structure issues in Florida. ACEC Florida is leading the way by supporting a building code which promotes cost-effective, energy-efficient design reflecting the needs of Florida. To strengthen the long-term health of Florida’s buildings, ACEC Florida is spearheading the Florida Building Professionals recommendations to establish mandatory minimum structural inspections and post-occupancy whole building safety inspections.
- Surfside Working Group: Florida Building Professionals Recommendations
- Florida House to Consider Post-Surfside Mandatory Building Inspection Bill
- New Mason-Dixon Poll Shows Overwhelming Support for Frequent Condo Inspections
- Mandatory Building Inspection Bill Passes House Pandemics and Public Emergencies Committee
- Mandatory Building Inspection Bills Pass Senate Regulated Industries Committee
- Building Safety Recommendations Pass First Senate Committee
- Support a building code which promotes cost-effective, energy-efficient design reflecting the needs of Florida.
- Support the growing need for infrastructure funding in Florida.
Learn more about how ACEC Florida is the leading the way on structural engineering issues.
The Vertical Support Committee monitors local, state and national structural engineering issues that impact the business of consulting engineering in Florida. Provides the conduit for ACEC Florida member firms to address professional concerns and design related issues particular to the structural engineering practice.
If you are in structural engineering, visit Committee Opportunities to make this committee part of your business plan.