Engineering Florida Editorial Guidelines
Engineering Florida accepts editorial contributions from industry specialists and relevant news releases from sector stakeholders. While not all submissions will be accepted, the following criteria will be used in the review process:
- Ideas for contributions should be discussed with the editors in advance. The first step is to submit an abstract describing the article focus and available photos and other assets. Submit your story ideas at least 3 months before the publish date.
- Submissions must be no longer than 2,000 words in length.
- Submissions should align with our editorial calendar.
- Stories should follow AP Style guidelines and not be written in a promotional or advertorial manner.
- All submissions are due no later than 4 weeks before the scheduled publication date. This timeline allows editors to review submissions and layout magazine content.
- Engineering Florida holds the right to edit any submissions for length, clarity or content.
- Only original work will be accepted. No copied work or plagiarized material will be accepted.
- Submitted images must have a native resolution of at least 300 pixels per inch. We recommend that all images for editorial consideration be shot at the highest possible resolution. Please submit images at the largest size available. No cropping is necessary.
- Photo captions can be included upon submission, but please keep them brief. Photos without captions will be captioned by editorial staff, and Engineering Florida may request captions or information for unclear photos.
- Send your submissions to email@example.com.