LEE COUNTY, Fla. (October 17, 2023) – Professional engineers from across Florida will gather in Lee County on Thursday, October 26, 2023 to donate $75,000 to help communities impacted by Hurricane Ian.
These engineers are 2023 graduates of the Florida Engineering Leadership Institute (FELI). Throughout their recently completed 10-month long training program, they raised $100,000+ in contributions – helping Hurricane Ian ravaged communities and supporting the future of the engineering industry through the Florida Engineering Foundation.
WHAT, WHEN & WHERE:
On Thursday, October 26, FELI graduates will make the following presentations:
- 10 a.m.: Check donation presentation at The Sanibel School STEM program to fund rebuilding efforts and presentation of new bicycle helmets (courtesy of the Florida Department of Transportation). 3840 Sanibel Captiva Road., Sanibel
- 1 p.: Ground breaking for the Hurricane Ian Remembrance and Children’s Engineering Garden at Lakes Regional Park. 7330 Gladiolus Drive, Fort Myers.
- 3:30 p.m.: Check donation presentation to Florida Gulf Coast University Dean’s Fund to assist Engineering students impacted by Hurricane Ian and fund resilient infrastructure educational efforts. 10950 FGCU Blvd N, Fort Myers. (Holmes Hall)
Featured speakers will include:
- Senator Jonathan Martin
- Kati Sherrard, PE (The Sanibel School)
- Kellie Clark, PE (Lakes Regional Park)
- Steve Johnston, PE (Florida Gulf Coast University)
FELI is an education program administered by the Florida Engineering Society (FES) and American Council of Engineering Companies of Florida (ACEC Florida).